Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What a Stud

I just love being Tate's mommy.  He has taught me so much and has really grown up these past few weeks.  We have a lot of fun together and I'm so glad he's ours forever.

(by the way, Christopher and I are doing really well.  He is working some long hours during this busy season but traveling less than last year which is really nice.  I'm just about to start my third trimester and can't wait for our next little Barnes boy to be here.  I'm feeling good and love those tummy kicks!  We also moved about a month ago across town to a larger apartment which has been awesome.  We love our new place and Tate adjusted almost instantly- whew!)

Tate loves to point and say "See!" In this shot he saw some elephants on t.v. and is making sure we see them too.  (No joke- he probably says, "See!" at least 20 times per car ride pointing out every truck, school bus, tractor... and won't stop saying "see" until I tell him what it is- I love it!)

Tate showing dad the birds outside

Helping in the kitchen- we cook together ever morning.  It's always a bit of a mess but he looks forward to it every day.

A very rare moment of cuddling with mom- unfortunately it helped that he was sick and actually felt like sitting down, and that dad had to really encourage him to do it :)



Tate is way to big for a moby wrap but we really wanted to go on a walk and it was raining pretty good outside.  Christopher wrapped him all up and he loved it.

It was all complete with a rain jacket...

Sunday morning...


We told him to say cheese but he thought we said cheeks and promptly pointed to them for our shot

You can't tell very well from this picture but not all baking goes smoothly.  Tate dumped 2 cups of milk with about a half cup of flour floating on top right on his head.  The flour and milk turned to glue on his hair (and floor) and he didn't like the wash up afterwards (mom didn't love it either).  
Tate loves dough- bread, biscuit, cookie (of course) and anything he can get his hands into.  Currently he is eating straight flour- yummy!
He also enjoys the finished product.  Here is a spatula that had just a little bit of cookie dough stuck to it.  He spent about 10 minutes scraping every little piece he could get and only stopped because I eventually had to wash it. He wasn't thrilled but I think he knew it was a lost cause...

3 comments:

  1. Tate looks adorable and so grown up in his church clothes! Glad you are doing well. You should make your next move to Utah! lol Glad you are feeling well and that baby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see these pictures! Tate is very cute. And you and Christopher are beautiful and handsome, respectively. And I am world's best aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! It sounds like I need to catch up again! Are you in a new ward? Do you love your new place? How's the pregnancy going etc etc! Looks like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete